Internal Audit Manager
Internal Audit Manager
Nicklaus Children's Health System
Develop a continuous auditing objective using effective and efficient reporting techniques, data analytics, data mining scripts, process improvement solutions, and healthcare audit expertise to mitigate risks affecting the Health System, this includes maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all information. Performs and supervises multifaceted operations that includes, IT system audits, revenue cycle management audits, and consulting engagements in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Professional Practices Framework. Responsible for examining and investigating records, reports, financial statements, and management practices to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and internal policies, as well as, conducting audits for program economy, efficiency, and effectiveness.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Master's degree preferred.
• Revenue Cycle Management experience preferred.
• Manager or project management experience preferred.
• Experience in healthcare auditing and accounting preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office Products.
• Ability to supervise, direct, and coordinate the work of staff.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions.
• Ability to analyze and problem solve.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Organized and detail orientated.
• Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
• Adaptable to change.
• Ability to implement practical solutions; problem solving ability.
Job Specific Duties
• Identifies and evaluates the organization's risk areas and assists with internal audit (external firm or internally) in the development of the annual audit plan.
• Manages internal audit assignments effectively and efficiently to meet the requirements of the annual audit plan.
• Plans, assigns, and supervises the daily activity and work of internal audit staff.
• Ensures documents adequately address the objectives of each engagement and support the conclusions reached.
• Provides training, coaching, and guidance to internal audit staff in conducting audits and other audit-related issues.
• Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
• Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
• Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
• Communicates the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and the Audit Committee.
• Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
• Responsible for professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
• Represents internal audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings, and with external organizations as required by the Leader.
• Bachelor's Degree Business, Healthcare, or related field from an accredited College or University
• CIA, CPA, or CISA Certification
• 4-7 years Experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/fr8r2wvfcvh7cwfz
Vice President, FinanceManager Cost Accounting - Fiscal Services
Vice President, FinanceManager Cost Accounting
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
The Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the cost accounting process and ensuring timely and accurate costing and profitability reporting across the health system. This individual will oversee the optimization and on-going maintenance of the cost accounting system (Strata Decision Support) by working directly with the vendor to develop enhancements and process improvements.
Additional duties include:
• Manages monthly processing of Cost Accounting for the health system.
• Works to create a system-wide approach to Cost Accounting.
• Ensures monthly close data is processed timely and financial data is reconciled.
• Reviews monthly Cost Accounting and Service Line reports to ensure accuracy and works with the Enterprise Analytics team to address any data integrity issues.
• Works with Financial Planning and Analysis and Reimbursement teams to assist with the development of strategic business plans and service line profitability modeling.
• Develop Ad-hoc reports to assist operations and leadership to effectively manage their respective service lines based on a variety of criteria for use in daily/monthly operations.
• Proactively engages with costing system vendor (Strata Decision Technology) to ensure best practices are utilized to provide transparent, timely and accurate costing data throughout the health system.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field. Master's degree in Business or related field preferred
• 5+ years of accounting experience with emphasis on cost or statistical analysis
• Hospital accounting experience required
• Proficient experience with Microsoft Excel
• Experience with Access, Crystal Report Writer, EPIC, Data Warehouses and Decision Support Systems preferred
Wilmington, NC is a growing coastal community of around 100,000 people in Southeastern North Carolina. Enjoy living and working where most people vacation. Year-round boating, golf, fishing, tennis, and biking are available. We have a vibrant, historical downtown with excellent restaurants and an active cultural arts community.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
offers a benefits package designed to ensure access to quality healthcare and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
• Teaching hospital, regional referral center, and Level II Trauma Center
• Southeastern North Carolina’s largest employer with more than 6,900 employees
Leading Our Community to Outstanding Health
Join Our Talented Team Today!
Direct Apply: https://goo.gl/NUAQEz
EOE - NHRMC is committed to inclusion and diversity